Friday, September 30, 2011

A work in progress

One of my biggest interests is the way the mind works.  I tend to ask people a lot of questions and watch as they give me their responses.  Psychology is a major interest of mine, and so is writing.  Writing Children's self help books is a dream of mine.  I had a problem dealing with things as a child.  I didn't know how to deal with my emotions.  Especially my anger.  I was angry at my Mom and Dad for fighting all the time.  I was angry that my Mom would just run away... She would just take off.  I was angry that she would always leave me there.... I feel like her running away and leaving me has affected my whole life, and I am still to this day trying to shed this baggage.  Here is the current book that I am working on... It is definitely a work in progress..


My Mommy and Daddy didn't get along.
It wasn't because something I said, and it wasn't because of something I did.
Them not getting along didn't make them love me any less.
When Mommy and Daddy would fight,
I used to think it was my fault.
I would hide under my bed, with a pillow over my head.
I would go outside and sing a song,
Or make believe I had a friend to tag along.
One day, I told Mommy and Daddy how I felt that it was my fault they fought.
They cried and told me that sometimes Mommy's and Daddy's fight
That it didn't mean they loved each other any less.
That it didn't mean I did anything at all wrong.
So I stopped hiding under my bed.
I stopped hiding altogether.
I finally understood it wasn't me.
It was them.
That them fighting didn't mean they were splitting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment