Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Am Alive

This picture is of Alan up at Mt Scott in Lawton, Oklahoma.  We had a lot of fun hiking up to the top and watching the sunset.  Hiking and writing was basically what we spent our time doing while we lived there.  I would like to share this poem that he wrote, that means a lot to me.  Alan has a hard time sharing his emotions in words, so for the longest time while we were dating, the only way I would know how he was feeling was through his writing.  He really hasn't wrote much since we moved back to Texas, but here is one of my favorites...

I Am Alive
I can remember a time
When all I'd see
Staring back at me
From the pained mirror on the wall
Was an empty shell
As hollow as hell
Yet deep as a well
Daggers lie strung out
All across the body they cut
Making me their holy slut
Only to find that I'm dry inside
No heart, No blood
I was dead
Now I see
Staring back at me
Through eyes as blue as the heavens
A being that can only be
An angel sent to save me
The daggers are shattered
The cuts de-lacerated
The cold holes are gone
Replaced by the warmth of dawn
The thumping in my chest
The rise and fall of my breast
The feel of blood coursing through my veins
Prick me I bleed
I am
ALIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment