Friday, November 4, 2011

What I am Thankful For

I am thankful for my Husband and everything he does for our little family. This morning he left to deploy to Afghanistan.  I have never been so proud to call him my husband.  Although I miss him already, I know he is doing what he is supposed to be doing.  I feel like a piece of me is missing with him being gone.  I miss my best-friend.  I wish that I had someone to talk to about these feelings, someone to hang out with, and to help me get through these next 400 days with out him. 
I am also grateful for modern technology, and the ability to Skype him even though he is going a world away.  Just 6 or 7 years ago, Skype wasn't around, and there wasn't a way to talk to your loved ones when they were over seas. 
I am grateful for my family.  Everyone in my family, but especially, My sister, Rachel, moved in with me to be with me while Alan is gone.  Without her I am not sure I could get through this tough time. 
I am grateful for all of the men and women who are serving with my Husband and watching his back and being with him while I am not able to be. 
I am grateful for many other things, but these are the ones that are on my mind at the moment.  I hope my Husband knows how much I love him and how much he means to me.  I also want him to know how proud we are of him.  Alan, we love you.


1 comment: